Manager, Marketing (Vista, California)
Under minimal supervision, the Marketing Manager is essential to the Marketing department for leading marketing activities to ensure marketplace (external) and cross departmental (internal) understanding and communication of all products and services. This position will assist management in the development and management of all marketing events, PR, and advertising initiatives. The Marketing Manager will also be responsible for assisting the VP of Marketing with all related responsibilities and projects as needed.
Reports To: VP, Marketing
- Assists in establishing strategic traditional and digital marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and executes marketing programs to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share.
- Works closely with Product Category Managers and Sales Leadership.
- Creates and implements marketing communication plans and projects based on target audience and approved budget.
- Responsible for developing differentiated marketing materials and strategies to meet the needs of various current and emerging channels.
- Communicates with outside advertising agencies on ongoing campaigns.
- Analyze the results of marketing efforts to demonstrate impact and improve performance and make ongoing recommendations.
- Develops training materials in collaboration with PD&E and Sales Leadership to effectively improve dealer and sales staff knowledge of products, services, and competitive advantages of Directed.
- Oversees execution of promotional activities including budget development, print, electronic media, trade show, direct mail, point-of-purchase displays, and signage.
- Manages and assists in all aspects with trade shows and events including design, installation, booth personnel, and dismantling. Requires 15% to 30% travel in the field.
- Manages development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs.
- Manages in-house resources and external marketing vendors, including sourcing and creating cost benefit analyses; negotiates and places approved advertising budget with vendors.
- Maximizes current and develops new relationship-based marketing partners in order to increase Directed’s advertising impressions.
- Gathers, creates, and deploys marketing surveys and statistical information in order to gauge and interpret the market.
- Participates in hiring, training, and promoting Marketing Department employees.
- Plans and conducts market research to support new product development and identify opportunities for increased sales.
- Maintains customer database and approves the use of internal and external mailing lists.
- Provides post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on marketing programs.
- Plans, promotes, and executes sales, trade and consumer events.
- Responsible for vendor, ad negotiations and contract pricing agreements in accordance with internal governance authority matrix.
- Helps establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- 2+ years of trade show management including booth sourcing and construction
- 1+ years in Public Relations and or copy writing
- 1+ years in sourcing and implementing POP programs.
How to Apply
Why work at Directed?
- Industry Leader
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Excellent Work Environment
- Career Opportunities
Have other skills?
Not a problem! Contact us to let us know how you can make a difference at Directed.